So next week, 17th October to 23rd October, it is ‘Recycle Week’. This is an annual event designed to celebrate and promote the benefits of recycling. It provides chances for us all to implement positive change to help protect our planet, Earth. The theme for this year’s Recycle Week is ‘Let’s Get Real’ and has been chosen to help tackle myths around recycling. It is hoped that by challenging people’s perceptions of recycling, they will improve their recycling behaviours. Recycle Week is usually held in September every year but this year, it was postponed due to the sad passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
So, you are probably thinking, who started Recycle Week? Recycle Week was created by WRAP (Waste and Resources Action Programme). This is an organisation that helps others to use resources in more efficient and sustainable ways through upcycling. WRAP also launched the 'Recycle Now' campaign, which is designed to educate people on recycling by providing valuable information and advice.
Recycle Week is set to be a big event in the calendar this year, coming hot on the heels of last year’s campaign which was the most successful to date – with over 29 million digital impressions! Additionally, a survey found out that 82% of people who had seen content from Recycle Week 2021, had changed their recycling behaviours as a result.
All this talk around recycling has got us thinking here, at Naturally Sheepskins, all about how our business is kind to the planet. In this blog, we want to celebrate and inform you of how we are Earth-kind. Being ecofriendly is at the forefront of our minds and it does dictate the way in which we aim to shape our business for the future. Naturally Sheepskins is proud to state that we are eco-conscious in the following ways:
- Our sheepskins are 100% natural and consequently entirely biodegradable. Therefore, our business does not contribute to microplastic pollution in our seas and oceans.
- Our sheepskins are the by-product of the farming industry and are therefore ethically and sustainably sourced.
- With care, our sheepskins will last you for years giving you many years of enjoyment without the need for replacement.
- We believe in the ‘Slow Fashion Movement’ and the ‘Circular Economy Model’ which focuses on sharing, recycling and reusing.
- Our tanning process is extremely planet-friendly because we do not use any harsh dyes or chemicals on our products.
- In fact, as a business, we are REACH compliant (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals).
- Our packaging is now almost completely plastic free – something we are very proud of as we have been working on this for quite some time.
- Our durable products are made from entire skins rather than fragments that are sewn together, meaning you can marvel in their timeless and natural beauty for longer.
- Our sheepskin products are so long-lasting that they can be loved, shared and reused.
The long and short of it is, we are constantly striving to make our business as eco-conscious as possible by making better and more responsible choices. If you buy one of our sheepskin products, you can rest easy in the knowledge that we are Earth-kind, responsible and ethical. Look out for ‘Recycle Week’ content online next week and the ‘Let’s Get Real’ campaign!